Helping You Live a More Active and Fulfilling Life
Hypertension, diabetes, allergies, asthma, obesity, and other chronic conditions can make life difficult to manage for millions of people, often limiting what they can do on their own and — if not treated — ultimately forcing them to give up their independence.
The Challenges of Chronic Disease
Every day. millions of people with chronic diseases struggle to manage their symptoms. Chronic diseases can affect a person’s ability to perform important activities, restricting their engagement in life, and their enjoyment of family and friends.
About 80% of older adults have one chronic disease, and 75% have two or more chronic diseases, and 36% have four or more.
Virginia Arrhythmia Consultants Care Management Program
Addressing chronic diseases often requires new strategies to delay health deterioration, improve function, and address the problems that people confront in their day-to-day lives.
That’s why Virginia Arrhythmia Consultants has established a Chronic Care Management Program (CCMP) that is designed to empower individuals with chronic diseases to better manage their care and improve their quality of life, through the assistance of a care coordinator.
This low-cost or free program focused on problems that are common to individuals dealing with any chronic disease, including: pain management, nutrition, physical activity, sleep, medication use, emotions, and communicating and coordinating with your doctors.
Chronic care management services are a Medicare and (most) private insurance covered benefit for individuals with multiple (two or more) chronic conditions that are expected to last at least 12 months.
For the convenience of patients, this program is primarily carried out over the phone or through electronic communications, eliminating the need for our patients to make a special visit to participate.
How the CCMP Helps Participants
Each month we will be helping you with activities specific to your needs and situation, such as:
- Medication management and reconciliation.
- Offering tips and techniques on how to deal with problems associated with chronic conditions like pain, fatigue, frustrations, and getting a good night’s sleep.
- Helping you get connected with community resources.
- Facilitating communication with healthcare providers.
- Assisting with goal-setting, problem-solving, and overcoming barriers.
- Giving you the tools needed to better manage your symptoms so that you can Put LIFE Back in Your Life.
Proven Benefits of Chronic Care Management
Several studies document the proven benefits of participating in a chronic care management program, including:
- Having a customized action plan designed to improve your health.
- Greater energy, less pain, and reduced fatigue.
- Elevated mood and increased physical activity.
- Enhanced partnerships with healthcare providers.
- Reduced long-term healthcare expenditures.
- Having the tools needed to improve your health.
- Greater confidence, enhanced problem-solving skills, and motivation to better manage your health and make informed decisions.
How to Get Started
Enrolling in the program is easy. Simply provide your name and phone number below, or let our staff know you’d like to participate. We take it from there, first by gathering any health information, and then by establishing a care plan just for you.